Saturday, February 18, 2006

Father's love

I've always wanted to post this revelation but i didn't have the time to do.

And now in the silence of the night (not really.. i'm listening to take off my shoes now :D) i'll do it.

A couple of weeks ago. I was down at sister mag's shop discussing some stuffs. I have known sister mag for almost 10years now as i think back. Anyway, that's not the point of the story. So as i was about to leave, sis mag ask me if i needed a ride back to tampines since brother gabriel is coming to pick her up. And since i was in a rush to get home to change and head to the airport to help delirious? load up their gear, i agreed. So it was time to go and sis mag carried little anthiel and got on the car. On the journey, anthiel was crying and making alot alot of noise. I couldn't stand it! I was really on my nerves. I can't stand babies crying! I will have a sudden rush of blood to my head! And so i endured.

At this moment, we stopped at a traffic junction. It's red light. Brother gabriel turn back and lovingly talk to baby anthiel, "why? tired ar?". Then he turn and smile at me. At that point, i thought of ABBA Father in heaven. How many times we must have been like crying babies to God? Crying, complaining and making so much noise to Him. And then, Abba Father looks at us with compassion and love, "why? tired ar? I know it's tough. i understand." Smile at us and fill us with His presense, overwhelm us with His love and strenghten us.

Today, i drop by sis mag shop. Baby anthiel was there. She did make some noise too but this time, my skin did not jump out from my body. Instead, i wanted to cuddle her. She look so beautiful. So amazing. A little life that springs out. I put myself into the shoes of a father. I'm amazed at the wonderful feeling of having your own child. Now, i finally understand why someone would want a child of their own. And i too, would want one i can call my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home