Thursday, October 25, 2007

the air at home is buzzling

This saturday will be my Dad's birthday.
I just heard news from my mum that
we will be celebrating his birthday
this sat with a birthday cake.
It came as somewhat a shock
to me though. I tried recalling
but it seems that i have no memory
of celebrating my dad's birthday with
a birthday cake and birthday song.

I was then led to think that
we are the typical asian chinese,
conservatively showing love
in the most reserved way
(emphasied version).
Well, plus the fact that you
could come up with a brilliant
script based on my family history.
Part dramatic, part chaotic,
part complicated yet with
sweet memories of childhood.

So, it's going to be somewhat awkard
and somewhat good. I don't know what
to expect but i thank God that somehow,
it seems that slowly, the air at home is
buzzling.

A couple of months back, i did something
which i never thought i dare do.
So on the pretense of a photo competition,
armed with my mum's brilliant idea, i broke
some personal barrier. I actually directed a
shoot with my mum and dad.
It's quite a unique experience.
I really didn't even dare ask my dad about
it. I had to ask my mum to go talk to
my dad. Then, brought them out and
took photos of them.

Below is the photo i submitted for the Great
Eastern "Life is great" photo competition 2007.
Although i didn't win any monetary prize, i felt,
i've won still.
I defeated one giant on the inside of me.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM , Blogger Belugas17 said...

That's is a wonderful shot bro!

I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home